As I’m sure you know, the real estate market game is changing. Thousands of new investors are jumping in every second to swipe the good deals in your market right out from under you.
The more competition grows, the more you need to stay on top and adapt to the ever-changing strategies. Some of your “old faithful’s” aren’t finding you the same deals you used to get. Since you are my students, colleagues and friends, it’s critical that you stay on the cutting edge with me.
One of the top ways to continue to be successful in the real estate investing industry is to find off-market properties. These properties are ones that are not listed on the MLS and are found through unconventional ways of marketing.
- Step 1: The Fundamentals – The key to finding these off-market properties is by getting in contact with motivated sellers. Direct mail is one of the best marketing strategies when it comes to real estate investing. Why? Because you are sending the message directly to your customer. It has proven results by myself and many other real estate investors. Most motivated sellers will respond best to direct mail, plus it can be easily tracked.
- Step 2: Compiling Your Mailing List – To compile your list, you first pick the area that you want to target (two to five top zip codes) and then pick your lead source. The sellers who will contact you on behalf of your direct mail are usually motivated to sell because of one of two things:
- Financial Reasons (Bills, foreclosure, divorce, medical expenses, etc.)
- Property Reasons (Needs work & they don’t want to do it)
Truthfully, we are helping these people by taking the property off their hands in exchange for money that they desperately need or want.
- Step 3: Set Up a Voicemail System – A voice service gives you the chance to never miss an opportunity to speak with a motivated seller or buyer.
- Step 4: Decide What to Send – You can choose to send yellow letters or other post card mailings to your motivated seller list.
- Step 5: Direct Mail Marketing Plan – Always continue testing and tweaking your mailings. Try new colors, new headers, etc.You can also learn from the other successful investors in your area. Always stay evolving. If you’ve already tried post cards, try mailing yellow letters next time. When those both slow down on leads, switch to something else.
CEO Strategic Real Estate Coach
CEO Freeland Ventures and Freeland Lending
CEO Yellow Jacket Properties