The top 10 issues, as identified by the group, include:
- An aging population means more focus on group senior living, less office space demands and proximity to health centers.
- Rising student debt means less spending once done with degrees, which means home ownership may be postponed.
- Underfunding of state and local retirement plans crimps investment opportunities.
- Changing office space demands tanks to an increase in remote employees.
- Changing retail space demands due to an increase in online retail habits.
- Global change and overall uncertainty.
- Commercial properties will be looking to be more sustainable and green.
- Overvalued commercial properties in strong markets left smaller properties in less desirable markets behind.
- Political gridlock and continued uncertainty.
- Liquidity in real estate capital markets.
Click here to read the full article.